Landlord Gas inspections in Torquay

Landlord gas inspection in Torquay If you are a landlord and have gas appliances in the property that you rent, you have a legal requirement to make sure these appliance are safe and do not present a risk to your tenants . County Plumbing also specialise in providing Landlord Gas Inspection services in Torquay. If gas appliances become defective or start to leak this can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, which can be lethal.

What we do

As part of our heating and plumbing service, we specialise in providing quick, safe efficient inspections of gas appliances in rental properties. Our inspections can be arranged for a time and date that is convenient for you or your tenant. 

We work directly with agents and individual landlords.  We  can keep track of your properties and arrange your annual schedule that is convenient for you and your tenants.

We check all appliances, flues and pipe-work and provide Gas Safe Certificate .

Why is this necessary

All Landlords  have a legal requirement   to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe  registered engineer of all pipe-work, appliances and flues, which the landlord owns and provides for the tenants use. Landlords must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in. 

What should be inspected

Any gas appliance that you own and provide for the tenant's use is included in your legal duties. If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, then you have responsibilities for parts of the associated installation and pipework but not for the actual appliance.

Carbon Monoxide alarms

Although it isn't a legal requirement, we strongly recommend the use of carbon monoxide (CO) alarms .  These are not a substitute for annual inspections, but can provide advance warning of CO in the property.  These can be purchased from local hardware or DIY stores.  However it is important that you check to make sure that they have always ensure it complies with British Standard EN 50291 and carries a British or European approval mark, such as a Kite-mark..